Pages

Friday, October 22, 2021

MY For/Against Statements

 Kia ora readers 

This post is about an activity that we are doing in Room 9. It is persuasive arguments. We have to think about which side we agree with. Here is my work that I did. It has some link in for you to explore where I got my evidence from. 

I hope you like it.

Have a good weekend.                              Please leave a comment!

 BYE!                                            

I think… dogs are better than cats


Because… Dogs can be trained to save you and you can have some fun with your dog.


My evidence:  Dogs get to be house-trained, and most will stick to their schedule. They’ll wait to do their business during a walk or in the yard. Source link



I think… 12 years old's shouldn’t get their license 


Because… They are too young to drive and they might get into an accident and their parents might  be paying for their cars. 


My evidence: . Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teens ages 15 to 20. Obviously 12 years olds shouldn't get their license. Source link




I think… Lollies should not be allowed at school


Because…if you eat too much lollies you might get diabetes.


My evidence: it’s true that soda and candy are high in sugar and calories, but there isn’t any evidence that directly causes diabetes. Source Link

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Mele,
    Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. It's great to see you could back up your thinking with evidence! I can't to hear what else you share with us. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele.
    I think that children aged under 18,shouldn't be allowed to drive.But then there are some responsible children so maybe that isn't fair of me to say.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.