Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

Almost swallowed by a whale

 Dear Readers,

We have been learning how to write a recount. As year 6's we need to say who, why, what, where, when and how. We need to write in first person(I) and past tense. We have been focusing on using dialogue, emotions and vocabulary.

We watched a YouTube  video about a diver being almost swallowed and listened to his interview. You can watch the video here.

Here is the interview that I wrote, imagining I was the diver and telling my recount of this experience.

Interviewer: Where were you taking photos of before you got swallowed by the whale?

 

Me: I was taking photos of sardines in the ocean because there was a sardine run and it looked amazing. There were some shark in the was big and was eating sardine. Then suddenly the whale came up then grabbed me. I knew that it was a whale from the pressure.


Interviewer:  So you had this incredible experience and are lucky to be alive. Tell what 

Happened?


Me: The first thing I realised was that something grabbed me. I just knew it was a whale because of the size and the pressure. It was super inside the whales mouth. I couldn’t breath. My snorkel was on my mouth and I was afraid that the whale will dive down the I will be drowning. I held my breath because then I will have a bit of oxygen.


Interviewer: Before the whale grabbed you, did you see the whale coming towards you?


Me: No I did not see the whale coming towards me because the whale was at the Opposite side of me it came up and grabbed me.


Interviewer: What did it feel like when you were inside the whale?


Me: I  felt scared when i was in the whales mouth.


Interviewer: How did you not panic?


Me: I calmed my self up not to panic if I panic the more the whale will swallow me.


Thank you to my beautiful teacher for helping me. Mrs Thorp is my favourite teacher. She is the most beautiful teacher.

I hope you were entertained! Please let me know what you thought about my post in the comments below. Have an amazing weekend. Thank you for reading my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Mele.
    I like the use of the word 'pressure'.It gave me a good sense of how it would of felt when the whale had you.

    I don't know how I would feel if a whale accidentally gobbled me up with huge mouthful of sardines.I would try and stay calm,like you did.

    I remember hearing from Mrs Thorp or on the article,that a whale wouldn't actually be able to swallow a human due to the size of their throat.

    Well done for writing a great recount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mele.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today.
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mele.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mele.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog today.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mele.
    I am just leaving a comment to let you know that I have had a look at your blog tonight.
    I can't wait to see what other learning you have been doing in class.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.